- Open to licensed drivers age 16 or older (under 19 requires accompanying parent)
- All experience levels welcome
- SA2015 or newer rated helmet required
- Convertibles must have roll over protection – see Car and Driver Requirements for details
- Open cockpit cars such as Thunder Roadster, Arial Atom, Exocet must use arm restraints
- Completed tech inspection form is required
- Event runs rain or shine, hot or cold
- Passengers age 16 or older (under 19 requires accompanying parent) are allowed for solo drivers
- Sessions will run from 8am-5pm with 1 hour lunch break
- Sound limit at Barber is 101dB measured from a fixed location
- Camping will be available for a $100 fee payable in advance or at the track
- Electrical hook ups will be available in the paddock for a fee payable to the track
- Host Hotel 1 is the Hampton Inn Leeds ($184/night + tax) Booking Link – this hotel is basically across the street from the track and literally just a few minutes away.
- Host Hotel 2 (a little farther away) is the Hampton Inn Trussville ($129/night + tax) Booking Link
- Event cost is $549.99 per driver
- Novice-Instructed requires an additional instructor fee of $75
- Share your car and drive time with a co-driver for $100
Run group format
Novice will include both instructed drivers and solo drivers as follows
Novice-instructed for drivers with 0-4 events (not days) +/-
Novice-Solo 4-6 events (not days) +/-
Intermediate 1 for drivers with 6-12 events (not days) +/-
Intermediate 2 for those drivers with 13-15 events (not days) +/- working on becoming advanced drivers. In this group we will feature passing anywhere with a point by.
Advanced is for highly experienced drivers with 25+ events (not days). In this group drivers must be able to maintain speed through the corners and never hold up a faster driver regardless of where on the track.
If you cancel more than 14 days before the event, you can get a full credit towards a future event or a refund. If you cancel 14 – 8 days before the event, there will be a $100 cancellation fee or you can get a full credit towards a future event. There are no refunds or credits available for cancellations made 7 or fewer days before the event.