What are Just Track It’s requirements for instructors?
When we look for excellence in an HPDE organization, we look at instructors. The instructor is the first line of defense. They are a student’s first impression and an example to all the other run groups, having impact from the bottom to the top. At Just Track It, we pride ourselves on developing and enlisting top-quality instructors. We are deeply committed to having the best possible instructors for our novice drivers. For that reason, we publish the following qualifications:
- Instructors must hold a current instructor certification – We accept Chin, NASA, BMWCCA, PCA, and other MSF Level 2 certs. We also recognize qualified instructors with experience from a few other reputable HPDE organizations that we know have a commitment to excellence in driver instruction.
- Instructors must be advanced level drivers with enough HPDE experience, running in the advanced run group, with reputable organizations.
- Instructors must use an in-car communicator – Chatterbox, Speedcom, Trac-Com, or any other brand that allows clear communication with helmets on and windows down at speed.
- Instructors must prioritize their student – This means that the student’s track time comes before your own. If that requires coming off the track a couple of laps early so that the student does not miss any of their session, so be it. We do however have sessions between the Novice and Advanced run groups.
- Instructors must be “model citizens” and “walk the talk” – This includes treating other drivers on track and in the paddock with courtesy and respect. Instructors should set the example for other drivers by following event rules to a T!
- Instructors must complete an evaluation of their student following the event – Evaluations are crucial to assess a student’s progression and are used to pair them in the future. These are completed online through Clubregistration.net. An email is sent out after the event to painlessly guide you through the process.
- Instructors are expected to be positive ambassadors of Just Track It – Instructors take responsibility for representing us (and this hobby) in a friendly, encouraging light to their student. Please be mindful of what you say and your present company.
What are the benefits of being a Just Track It Instructor?
- You drive for FREE – No registration fee, driving fee, membership fee, or any fee whatsoever!
- Assigned only one student – Occasionally we have a novice split their sessions with another driver in the same car so in those cases you may end up with two students but, still the same number of sessions.
- Sessions between the Novice and Advanced group – This allows plenty of time to brief and debrief with your student, without having to rush to get in/out of your car for sessions.
- Instructor/student pairings a week in advance – This provides the ability to reach out to your student ahead of time and see previous evaluations if they have any.
- Lunch – We provide lunch for you and always have a cooler of bottled waters available.
- Ability to go out in other run groups – For your convenience or pace for ride-alongs in a lower group.
- One of the best novice programs available – A better foundation and classroom for your student results in a smoother weekend for you. Students also have access to track map printouts with the flag stations marked.
- Novice orientation available to your student – This shows them the paddock layout, flags, corner stations, and a track breakdown before they ever get to the event.
- No lead/follow, pods, hybrid solo sessions, multiple novices – These gimmicks are used by some other groups that are short of instructors to cover their novices and to pack more drivers in.
- Pride – Since we are 100% serious about our requirements, you can be sure your status as an instructor in good standing with us means impeccable credentials for yourself. You will be part of an elite group of HPDE instructors.
- Continuous progression for our instructors – We have mentors available at every event and one of the best MSF Level II certified Instructor Training Programs in the country.
Please email us for any further information or inquiries about instructing with Just Track It.
JTI Chief Driving Instructor