The Just Track It Instructor Training Program is the culmination of nearly a decade of instructor training and is certified by the Motorsport Safety Foundation as a Level 2 ITP. The curriculum was extensively developed over the course of several years using our combined years of experience in HPDE.
The Training Program consists of three basic pillars.
- Curriculum taught in a classroom setting as well as on track; along with a student to put into practice what they are being taught.
- A myriad of role plays executed by senior instructors who will evaluate the candidate and their ability to identify, instruct, and control different student personalities.
- Sharing of knowledge, experience, and guidance by senior mentors.
This is an action-packed, busy weekend. It is designed to test you and how you react to all of these pieces under pressure.
- Pre-approval through a check-ride or at least recommendation/consideration from a Chief Instructor. Pre-approved candidates are usually assigned a hand-picked student throughout the weekend. This is crucial in testing the time management and prioritization skills of candidates, along with giving them a subject to put into practice what they are being taught in the classroom. Though a check-ride is not always required, it is recommended as it usually identifies candidates that may lack the experience or ability to succeed in the program. At the very least, we can usually identify some areas to focus on to aid in your progression through the program.
- Advanced driver with at least 30+ track weekends. In order to teach, you have to know and be able to demonstrate. We have found this usually takes a minimum of 30 events with time spent in the advanced run group.
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and time management skills. Effective communication is fundamental. Throughout the average track weekend an instructor typically has a lot to manage. Time management between instructing, driving your own sessions, and whatever else may present itself during an event is crucial. Demonstrating prioritization of your student over your own motivations is paramount.
Completion of the program DOES NOT guarantee certification. Candidates are evaluated throughout the program by a team of senior instructors who provide their objective review and recommendation for certification. We hold to the highest standards for curriculum and role plays, and as such, the objective assessment of candidates is vital to the success of the program and the quality of instructors that it produces.
We also have the ability to travel with this program and bring the experience to you and your group. A team of MSF 2 certified senior instructors is required and can be arranged through us. Just Track It reserves the right to pre-approve, screen, or deny any candidates.
Please email us for any further information or inquiries about the JTI Instructor Training Program.
JTI Chief Driving Instructor
2022 ITP Dates:
January 15-16, 2022 @ Barber Motorsports Park
July 16-17, 2022 @ Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta
November 5-6, 2022 @ Roebling Road Raceway